Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fixing the rack problem

I noticed that the racks are starting to tilt in a bad way so I am going to fix that problem before it causes a disaster...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

picture got lost

First rack finished

I finished the first rack and moved it to the garden area. I also put in the barrels. Hope to get gravel in them today and get the next rack started. Need it done by the 29th.

Building the racks for the barrels

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Aquaponics progress

I have now gotten a pump and a float valve for the tank. Had
kinda nice day so I dug the hole for the tank and put it in the
hole. Little tough digging. It was like digging a well because
I hit water at about 15" deep. I just dug faster than the water
came in and finally got to about 24" deep and put the tank in
the hole. A couple of trys but it fit finally. Now I am filling the
tank with river water so the fish will have the enzymes that
is needed to start fish. The water is close so I just pumped
it in with my old system pump.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beggining My Aquaponic Garden

Here is the beginning of the new project. An Aqua Ponic Garden.
This tank is 1100gallons and will be sunk into the ground so only
about 5 or 6 inches will show.
Hope the water will hold this one in the ground. My previous garden
had problems when the water was pumped out to the garden the
tank would float up when it was wet. Arkansas gets soggy when it
rains. It is wet now so it is off to build the stands for the barrels.
I bought 24 barrels and will split them lengthwise to make gravel beds
with. Should make quite a garden.