Saturday, February 14, 2009

Testing of the email

Hi World,
I got to go see Larry in San Antonio while he was there. Really enjoyed seeing Larry and Trinda's family.
I decided to get one of them fancy external drives and try to load a version of Linux on it so I would have a dual boot system to play with. I had a minor problem though. I got mixed up some how and installed on my original hard drive loosing my stuff. I have tried to recover it but was useless. I called the Toshiba line and they are going to send me a new CD to recover with. In the mean time I have been experimenting on the Linux versions that a friend at work William has. We tried about 7 or 8 different ones and couldn't get them to work satisfactorily till I tried a version I got out of the latest Linux magazine Ubuntu. Seems to work ok. Now I got to learn how to use it effectively. Has lots of stuff to work with. One big problem is my mapping software is windows so I will have to find a replacement to work with my GPSMAP76 unit. I have gotten spoiled by having a good map to go anywhere with.
Since this is a test I better try it out.

No comments: